Regio : USA
Website : dogsbyandy.com/
SPECIALIZED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Professional Dog Trainer for over 25 years
• Owner/Operator of Dogs By Andy K-9 Services since 1980.
• International Canine Narcotics Detection Foundation, a Narcotics Detection Trainers Course in St. Augustine, Florida. Went through training with two separate dogs.
• National Seminar on Terrorism and Explosives (SEMTEX) conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and the Transportation Safety Administration
• Detection training with Kevin Conroy, the past National Secretary of the UnitedStates Police Canine Association
• Former K-9 Training Services Director for Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department in North Carolina, 2005 - 2007
• Former Training Director for Long Island, New York, Search and Rescue Group
• Search and Rescue Course Instructor in New York
• Trainer and Consultant for India’s military explosives detection dogs, 2006 – 2008
• K-9 Protection Seminar Instructor for the American Police Canine Association, 2008
• K-9 Training Services Director for Catawba County Sheriff’s Department in North Carolina, 2008 -
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS & EMPLOYMENT
• 1994 – 2000, Evaluator for International Narcotics Canine Detection Foundation in St. Augustine, FL
• 2000 - 2004, Evaluator for National Drug Beat, Inc.
• 2001 – 2005, Licensed by both the New York State Department of Health for Controlled Substances and the United States Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Agency
• 1985 – 2005, Founder and Owner of Dogs by Andy in New York. Involved training dogs for basic and advanced obedience personal protection, tracking and agility.
• 2000 – 2005, Maintained 20 dog handler teams for on-call deployment of K-9 search and detection
• 2006 – 2008, Instructor and Consultant for India’s Military Working Dog Program
• 2002 – Present, Evaluator for American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Good Citizen
• 2005 – Present, Founder and Owner of Andy K-9 Services in North Carolina. Involves training K-9s for basic and advanced obedience, personal protection, tracking and agility.
• Since 1995, providing K-9 search and detection services for narcotics and explosives. Services provided to school districts, drug rehabilitation centers, private businesses, federal prisons, and Corporate America, including but not limited to the Daytime Emmy Awards and Mobile Exxon facilities stretching the eastern seaboard.
• Over 3,000 narcotics and explosive searches performed
• Current narcotics detection dog handler
• 2008 – Present, K-9 Trainer for Catawba County Sheriff’s Department
• 2010 – Present, Qualified Expert Trial Witness
• American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Good Citizen, past/present
• American Police Canine Association, past/present
• International Canine Narcotics Detection Foundation, past
• International Detection Canine Foundation, past
• International Explosive Detector Dog Association, past
• National Drug Beat, Inc., past
• National Narcotic Detector Dog Association, past
• National Police Canine Association, past/present